Human growth hormone (HGH) is a substance produced by the pituitary gland. It affects every cell in the body, helping your tissues stay healthy, and by extension, helping the body function at a high level. HGH is released by the pituitary gland every 4 hours on average, in a process regulated by the hypothalamus with a substance called growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH).
The amount of HGH released by the pituitary gland decreases as we age. For men, this decline in production begins in their mid-thirties. For women, it occurs in their early twenties. By the time a person reaches middle age, the level is 50 percent or less of what it was at its high point. This is when effects like low energy, weight gain, poor sleep, muscle loss, decreased libido, and visibly aging skin appear.
Peptide Therapy vs. HGH Replacement
People who have been tested by a functional medicine expert and found to have low HGH can undergo synthetic HGH replacement therapy. However, the use of compounds called peptides to cause the pituitary to release more HGH are considered to be safer, as they don’t replace the body’s HGH production and cause dependence on the treatment.
Benefits of Peptide Therapy
Peptide therapy is cumulative, with initial effects that appear within a few weeks and full benefits that are evident in 3-6 months. This includes:
- Increased energy level
- Accelerated fat burning and weight loss
- Improved muscle building
- Enhanced physical performance
- Improved muscle and tendon repair
- Increased sex drive
- Better sleep quality
- Enhanced mental clarity and memory
Carefully Selected Peptides
There are more than 7,000 natural peptides, each slightly different in its structure and how it affects the body. Consequently, the selection of the right peptide or combination of peptides to meet a person’s goals is critical. Some of those we use include:
- IGF-1 LR3 — known for helping with weight loss and improving athletic performance
- BPC-157 — used to speed healing throughout the body
- AOD 9604 — another fat-burning peptide that does its work without impacting blood insulin levels
- Sermorelin — often used to treat adult growth hormone deficiency
- CJC 1295 + Ipamorelin — a combination of peptides that provides a variety of age-fighting benefits
- GHK-CU Copper Peptide — valued for the way it can improve the look and feel of skin and hair